Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Students of Abhinav College:
Punishment for Ragging:
Depending on the nature and severity of the offence, as established by the Anti Ragging Committee of the College, those found guilty of ragging shall be liable for any one or more of the following punishment. The decision of the Anti-Ragging Committee shall be final and binding.
- Suspension from attending classes
- Cancellation of admission
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fee concession and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation processes
- Debarring from representing the College/Institution in any Fest/Event/Sports activities etc.
- Rustication from the Institution
- Expulsion from the College/Institution & consequent debarring from admission to any other Indian Academy Institution.
- In the case of offences of very serious/grievous nature, the case will be referred to the Police, in addition to any other punishment.
- Collective punishment where the offence is committed collectively by a group or by a class making it difficult or not possible to identify specific persons.
- Attendance in classes as per university norms is strictly enforced and is a prerequisite for appearing for Final/University exams. Students are expected to adhere to the prescribed rules strictly.
- Leaves are granted for valid reasons only.
- Students are not expected to go out of campus during their class hours
- Students are allowed out at lunch time only.
- Students must have a cumulative attendance percentage of 75 & above in order to be eligible to collect Hall Tickets for Mumbai University Semester Examinations.
- Submission of medical certificates will not entitle a student, who has shortage in attendance (lesser than 75%), to appear for Mumbai University Semester examinations.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a worthy manner in their dressing, demeanour and sense of discipline. Students are expected to be seated in their respective classrooms during class hours, loitering in the campus, corridors will not be appreciated.
- Dress Code: Boys are expected to be in full pants and clean shirts. Low-waist trousers/pants are not allowed. Girls are expected to dress in formal & decent attire and avoid wearing tight, transparent, sleeveless, or revealing outfits
- Students must always carry and wear their College Identity Cards; the ID cards must be displayed at the College gates & whenever asked for.
- Code of conduct on the campus includes safeguarding the Institutional property, keeping the campus clean & tidy and dressing civilly.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Defacing any part of the campus is treated as an offence.
- Use of mobile/cell phones along the corridors or inside the classrooms is strictly forbidden and will lead to confiscation & strict action against the student.
- Students are expected to make use of the library services during free hours.
- Important Notices/Notifications/Circulars etc. are displayed at separately allocated Notice Boards & Information corners on the campus, students are expected to make it a practice to regularly read such displayed information.
- All visitors are expected to establish their identity & purpose of visit upon entry to the campus premises.
- Parents/guardians may visit the campus upon prior intimation/request and are expected to kindly adhere to the security requirements if & as prescribed by respective authorities
Academic Assignments, Tests and Term Examinations:
- University academic sessions start as per schedule, exams are conducted as per timetable and results are announced in time. In addition, monthly internal exams are also conducted as per the schedule drawn at the beginning of the session.
- Assignments should be submitted in all subjects as per the instructions given by the respective departments. Examinations conducted by the College are compulsory for all students. A minimum of 40% marks should be scored in Mid – Semester & End –Term Examinations.
Code of Conduct for Teachers of Abhinav College:
Responsibility and Accountability
1. Teachers should handle the subjects assigned by the Head of the Department
2. Teachers should complete the syllabus in time. Teachers shall produce good results in the subjects handled by them and are accountable for the same.
3. Assignment topics for each course are to be given to the students within a week of the beginning of the semester.
4. Assignments should be written in Note Books. The Note Books are to be collected from the students in time and returned to the students after correction.
5. Teachers should be good counsellors and Facilitators. They should help, guide, encourage and assist the students to ensure that the Teaching-Learning Process is effective and successful. Value based education must be their motto.
6. Teachers should maintain decorum both inside and outside the classroom and set a good example to the students.
7. Teachers should carry out other academic, co-curricular and organizational activities that may be assigned to them from time to time.
Punctuality and Attendance
1. Teachers must report in time to duty as per the working hours prescribed and should be available in the campus unless and otherwise they are assigned duties elsewhere.
2. Prior written permission should be obtained for reporting late in the morning or leaving early in the evening without detriment to their duties. This is subject to restrictions as regards frequency. Permission for going out of the College shall not be given during the class hours.
3. Teachers should sign the attendance register while reporting for duty.
4. Teachers must be aware that their workload is 40 hours a week even though their maximum class hours are only 16 a week.
5. Teachers are expected to be present in the college campus at least 10 minutes before the College beginning time.
6. Teachers should remain in the campus till the end of the College hours.
1. Prior written permission is required from the Principal / at least a day in advance while availing CL
2. 15 days of causal leave can be availed in an academic year.
3. Causal leave can be combined with other holidays. However the total period of continuous absence from duty should not exceed ten days.
4. All must report for duty on the reopening day and the last working day of each semester.
5. Medical Leave will be sanctioned only for medical reasons. Medical Certificate will be verified for its genuineness.
Publication of Research Papers & Books and Participation in Research Projects, Seminars, Conferences etc.
1. Staff members are encouraged to write text books, publish articles in reputed Journals and present papers in Seminars and Conferences.
2. Staff members are encouraged to take up Research projects.
3. Staff members should also attend Faculty Development Programmes, Quality Improvement Programmes etc. to update their knowledge.
4. Absence from duty to the above matters will be treated as on duty and may be suitably rewarded at the discretion of the management either monetarily or by Way of consideration during promotion.
1. No teacher should involve himself/ herself in any act of moral turpitude on his / her part which may cause impairment or bring discredit to the institution or Management.
2. Teachers Associations should not be formed without the permission of the Management.
3. No teacher should involve himself or herself in any form of political activity inside or outside the campus.
4. Teachers should attend the College neatly dressed, and wearing shoes. Dress regulations should be followed as the occasion demands.
5. Teachers should not participate in any strikes or demonstrations either inside or outside the campus.
6. Any instructions issued by the Competent Authority by way of Circulars from time to time must be complied with.
7. No teacher shall send circulars / distribute handbills to the staff, organize meetings in the campus without permission from the Principal.
8. Teachers are barred from using cell phones while taking classes.
9. Teachers must always wear their identity cards while inside the college premises.
10. Heads of Departments must submit the Department’s time table and individual teacher’s time tables to the Principal on the last working day of the previous semester. Any change must also be reported to the Principal in writing
11. Teachers are encouraged to conduct research on their topic of interest. Management will provide necessary infrastructure for the same.
12. Each Department Association must conduct at least three special meetings in each semester.
13. Teachers are expected to attend Department academic association meetings, seminars etc. and also college functions like Sports Day, College Day, Independence Day and Republic Day celebrations without fail.
14. For making any representation to the Principal, teachers should desist meeting the Principal as a group.
15. No representation to any Government authority or University in the name of the College should be made, by any teacher, without the Principal.
16. HODs are responsible for all the college properties belonging to their department. It is their responsibility to keep them clean and in working order. Any loss or damage to their property (like, tables, chairs, lab equipment’s, chemicals, and electrical appliances) must be reported to the Principal in writing immediately. It is their duty to extract work from the Non-Teaching staff in keeping the Department clean & Tidy.
17. All department meetings of Teachers shall be held only after 2.30 p.m. and not during class hours.
- Violation or non-observance of the service rules will invite punishment either in the form of censure or deferment of increment or suspension or termination from service after a due enquiry at the discretion of the management.
- The Management appeals to all staff members to work as a team in institution-building and in upgrading our institution into one of Excellence in Higher Learning.
Ethical Practice in Abhinav College:
Institute policy requires Directors and all the employees to observe high standards of education and personal ethics while discharging duties, practice honesty and integrity in every aspect of dealing with other Institute, employees, the public, the business community, shareholders, customers, suppliers, competitors and Government authorities and not take unfair advantage through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts, or other unfair-dealing practices when acting on behalf of the Institute.
Institute policy prohibits commercial bribes, kickbacks and other similar payoffs and benefits paid to any suppliers or customers. Directors, employees and associate are also prohibited from receiving, directly or indirectly, anything of a significant value (other than salary, wages or other ordinary compensation from the Institute) in connection with a transaction entered into by the Institute. This policy does not prohibit expenditures of reasonable amounts for meals and entertainment of suppliers and customers which are an ordinary and customary business expense, if they are otherwise lawful. Expenditures of this type should be included on expense reports and approved under standard Institute procedures.
Fraud and Similar Irregularities
Institute policy prohibits fraud and establishes procedures to be followed concerning the recognition, reporting and investigation of suspected fraud.
Accounting Controls, Procedures and Records
Applicable laws and Institute policy require the Institute to keep books and records that accurately and fairly reflect its transactions and the dispositions of its assets. In addition, the Institute must maintain a system of internal accounting controls that will ensure the reliability and adequacy of its books and records. Those transactions have proper Management approval, that such transactions are properly accounted for in the books and records of the Institute, and that the reports and financial statements of the Institute are timely prepared, understandable and fully, fairly and accurately reflect such transactions.
This Code of Conduct shall apply to all Departments, and every persons working in the Institute and to other entities acting on behalf of them.
- Important notice regarding scholarship
- SEM I Regular TIME TABLE october 2019
- Sem V Hall Ticket T.Y.COM OCTOBER 2019
- Sem III AND SEM I IMP NOTICE
- SY.BSCIT and TY.BSCIT lectures and practical to be started from 17th Sep 2019
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 SYBA
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 SYBAF
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 SYBSC.IT
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 SYBSC
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 SYB.COM
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 FYBSC.IT
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 FYBAF
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 F.Y.BSC
- Open Book Exam Defaulters August 2019 F.Y.BCOM
- Open book Defaulters August 2019 FYBA.